RE: Europa-List: Skymap 111C battery

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Skymap 111C battery
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:40:35
Hi! Richard,
Some considerable time ago I had  set of battery replacement
instructions
and had finished up with a spare battery.
The battery is no longer where I put it (but probably dated somewhat)and
the
instructions went down with my computer.
However I'm pretty sure I e-mailed them to someone on the forum so an
appeal
may flush the chap out if he reads this message!
Mike Parkin kindly did mine and found it quite easy, the electronics are
in
layers and the damn battery is in the lower layer and soldered into
place.
I think the biggest pitfall is to ensure the layer spacer washers are
put
back the same way up since one edge is chamfered.
Mike just may have a copy of my instructions. I had two batteries since
ordered a replacement from RS supplies (or my Electrical Contractor
neighbour did !) and I ordered one from Honeywell but it was expensive.
You
could try 'phoning the Honeywell technician(on 01256 722217) before
office
opening time and ask him if he could either send you or Fax you a copy
of
them. If you get them I could do with a copy if you would oblige.
Of course the damn thing will loose all your configured routes and way
points. Mine packed up on a journey somewhere but when you power it up
in
the aircraft it will still work but you have to configure it as you go
so to
speak. It sounds that you are lucky since it gives you say 50 hours
notice
but that's not time in use it's actual clock time and it's ticking when
the
thing isn't in use ! Now how you change the battery without loosing your
way
points unless you solder the new battery in place before snipping the
original wires I'm not sure. Mine was BLXED anyway so the question
didn't
arise !
Regards
Bob Hrrison G-PTAG