Re: Europa-List: rudder cable pulley mounting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rudder cable pulley mounting
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:43:54

> I've just drilled the holes for the rudder pulley and the inboard harness
> attachment, and am a bit surprised to find that when the pulley is
> mounted, it doesn't look anything like the drawing in the manual.

Rowland,

We had exactly the same problem and rather than use several of the heavy
large area washers, we made up spacers out of aluminium.  They were turned
in a lathe in the shape of a squat cotton reel the same diameter as the
washers.  Lighter than the washers and easier to assemble too.

Hope this helps

Kingsley in Oz