Re: Europa-List: Antenna routing without effecting pitch trim i

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Antenna routing without effecting pitch trim i
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:47:24

Hi Frans

Thx. for the reply.

Good information!

I was going to cleco top on and install as much metal stuff and wiring as
I could.

Can a Bob Archer "big E shaped" flat aluminium sheet antenna be tuned for
best SWR? If yes how can you tune it?

I also have a AAE antenna that will be installed just aft of the baggage
bay bulkhead. I think it is a dipole antenna??? that is encapsulated with
fiberglass and is flexible. I plan to install it bent in half, half
vertical and half horizontal so it works equally bad for nav and comm on
my panel mounted Vertex hand-held. According to vertex and AAE it should
work about 70% on both Nav and Comm compared to having 100% in proper
direction for each.
According to AAE it needs no tuning??

Won't have paint on fuse though. One thing is with Bob Archer can't
install with exact E shape, so will fool with different angles and see if
can optimize SWR and have it fit in rudder.

With AAE, will try 90 degree bend and location to see if repositioning can
improve SWR.

How would one tune AAE antenna?

Ron P.