Re: Europa-List: outrigger leg broke

Subject: Re: Europa-List: outrigger leg broke
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:27:06

Kevin Klinefelter wrote:
Hi Jos,Mine is kit # A211 and Paul Boulet, who also had a failure is
near that kit #. His broke in Arizona, so that follows your theory.
> Kevin
> Well Kevann, that makes 2 incidents, where low humidity could have
> played a role. It would also explain why outleggers never break off UK
> based planes. They do have a humidity problem, at the other extreme.
>> Jos Okhuijsen
Nylon will absorb up to 7% of its own weight in water if my memory isn't
wrong again. I know Europa did a lot of tests in the early days and  a
special nylon  was chosen. No humidity test afaik
Graham