Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Coolant?

Subject: Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Coolant?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:01:11

For coolant temp read Cylinder Hear Temperature (which you must monitor),
however you will need to replace the radiator pressure cap from 0.9 bar to
1.1 bar for which Skydrive will charge you 50 for the priveledge.

The other issue is that Evans coolant is incompatible with water based
coolants and if you have been using a glycol mix then you will need about
2-3 liters of Evans to flush out the existing water from your system in
addition to filling it afterwards. That means you will need two lots of
Evans to do the job properly - I think its about 40 quid for 4 litres.

Personally I dont see any great advantage to using the Evans coolant IMHO.
Others may think differently. However our engine is a standard 80hp 912 and
not a 914 so cooling is probably not such a problem.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS