Re: Europa-List: engine surging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: engine surging
From: Garry <garrys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:24:37
Ken, yes the carbs need cleaning and overhauling on a regular basis.  My
experience with my 914 is about every 300 hours.  You're fortunate
you've made it to 500 hours.  I took my plane to Kerry at Lockwood and
he did the overhaul in about 2 hours.  The price was reasonable and the
engine ran beautifully afterward.  What happens is that the carbs
accumulate something they call "snot", which looks like it sounds.
Causes all sorts of problems.

Best of luck,

Garry Stout