Re: Europa-List: FloScan sensors; which model?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FloScan sensors; which model?
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:59:00

Frans, My 914 with JPI 450 and 2 Floscan 201 A6 (PN201-031-00) transducers
actually consumes 30 l/hr at 164 knts/5500RPM/34.7in MP at 6500ft. Part of
the testing to satisfy the PFA/LAA involed fuel flow tests by disconnecting
the return hose and seeing how much came out with one or 2 pumps going. I
can't find the work sheet with the precise figure, but I know the answer
came out at something like 2 and a bit l/min and my inspector was entirely
happy. The actual flow rate is of course regulated largely by the pressure
release valve. My reading before fitting these transducers convinced me that
they were the gold standard, fitted to the bulk of certified aircraft that
have fuel flow systems. Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ