Europa-List: FloScan sensors; which model?

Subject: Europa-List: FloScan sensors; which model?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:14:07

I'm about to finish the fuel system. Part of the installation are two floscan
sensors.
I have the 'A' models, suitable for a flow of 0.2 to 30 GPH. I just realised
that although the consumption of the Rotax 914 is well within the lower
part of the range of these sensors, the total flow is near, or possibly
exceeding,
the limits of these sensors. Near their upper limit, they exhibit a pressure
loss of 2.6 psi, and since the pressure of the fuel-over-airbox is about
6 psi, this looks significant.

Has anyone used these sensors with a 914? Should I exchange them for the bigger
sensors, which are capable of dealing with 60 GPH, and generally exhibit half
the pressure loss?

Frans

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org