Re: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:39:00

> I think the engineering solution is to put packing between the CM and
> the fuselage where there is no foam layer, so that the Redux will not
> need to bridge the full 4mm gap.

> There is a lot of flexibility in the bottom molding until the cockpit
> module is bonded in.

Rowland,

I'd tend to go along w/ Tony K's comment, though I did not experience
the issue you're having. One consideration may be your method of
supporting the canoe. I built one of Chuck Popenoe's knock down support
frames (3/4" plywood formers w/ foam pipe insulation spaced w/ 2 x 4s
running fore and aft) which gives much more support than the sketch of
the support frame provided me by Europa back in 200?. In any case,
don't hesitate to lay the Redux on thick when the time comes to bond in
the CM and take care as to not localize pressure with blocking and
strapping.

Hope this helps,

Fred
A194