RE: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment

Subject: RE: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:03:00

>> I phoned up the factory when I found this and Roger assured me that
all will be well when the CM & lower moulding are bonded and thus
stiffened. However, as I look at things more closely, I am not much
comforted by that.

Rowland, I don't think that you have a problem. There is a lot of
flexibility in the bottom molding until the cockpit module is bonded in.
I did a similar "pre flight" test sitting in the cockpit module before
it had been bonded in and had exactly the same result. Once the module
is bonded everything stiffens up quite considerably and you'll find that
the clearance that you currently have without the weight of your body on
it will be maintained.

Tony