RE: Europa-List: wiring exit from stick - uk practice?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wiring exit from stick - uk practice?
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:40:59

>Find the place of smallest movement but not to weaken the control stick

Bob - I think least movement is somewhere between the pitch-axis
pivot bolt and the rod-end-bearing connecting to the pitch pushrod.
It looks as though there is enough room inside CS01 to get the sort
of wire I want to use past the AN5-23 pitch pivot bolt. CS01 is
fairly beefy there, so I'd hope a radial hole would not cause
significant weakness, but it would be nice to have an answer from
someone who knows about the stress calculations for that part.

That exit hole would be insde the leather boot and so I'd want to
make the sort of anti-chafe provision for the wire that I dreamed up
in my reply to David Joyce.

regards

Rowland