RE: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gauge

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gauge
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:05:51

Hi Carl,

With a fixed pitch prop, you can get a relative indication of power
level from the engine rpm.  So on a Cessna 152, your standard procedure
might be to pull the power back to 1500 rpm abeam the numbers on down
wind.  With a constant speed prop, the rpm will be held constant over a
wide range of power settings, so the standard measure of power is
manifold pressure (although we also use fuel flow often).  So on our
Europa I would normally pull the power back to 15 inches abeam the
numbers.

Regards,
Terry Seaver