Re: Europa-List: Jos Okhuisen

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jos Okhuisen
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:38:11

Hi Frans and all,
The silence is the normal waiting for the investigation to come to a conclusion.
Today i had a long hearing about the course of events. While i have my theory
about what happened, i will wait until the final findings are published before
commenting. Nethertheless, lets put it this way, my choice will never again
be for a propellor without mechanical endstops, in addition to the electrical
limit switches. As a minimum i would add run to the outer limits and check
outside
if the switches are really working and at the right limits. As i found out
the hard way, in the air it might be too late.
As for the fire risk: Difficult to do better then i did. Possibly, if i would
have
had one second more time before hitting the trees, i would have followed the
emergengy drill better and switched off power before the crash. That maybe
would have delayed the fire. Now a thick branch wiped the right side of the
cockpit
off, breaking the fuel return alu tube. The long range tank (full)survived
the blaze i was told. Even with the wheel retracted, the fuel test points stay
clear. Hmm, best way to prevent fire is not to crash, but i guess you know
that.

Regards,

Jos

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org