Re: Europa-List: Europa Accident in Austria

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Accident in Austria
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:47:17
Raimo-

Can you provide an address and / or phone number for the Hospital Jos is in?  We
would like to send at least a card and maybe phone him.  Do you have any idea
how long he will be hospitalized?

Thanks - Jim, A-283, Punta Gorda, FL

From: "Raimo Toivio" <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>

> All
>
> I sadly report Europa accident in Austria which happened last Friday 22.
> August.

> It was Jos Okhuissen with his Europa OH-XJO. Jos is in the hospital Wells
> city.

> I spoke with him today and this is what he told:
>
> Soon after take off from the Wells airport he adjusted his new prop for cruise

> settings.
> Suddenly it feathered or even reversed.
> He made immediately forced landing, managed to avoid power lines but hit one

> tree.
> He was able to escape from the wreck just before it catched fire.
> He suffers serious injuries but will survive.
>
> Jos stated strongly there is nothing from with Europa and its design - it is
> wonderful plane to fly.
> I promised my P2 seat will be always reserved for Jos if he ever likes to come

> and fly in future.
> I think there are hundreds of free P2 seats around the world for Jos.
> Lets all give him warm thoughts.
>
> He is the braviest Man I know.
>
> http://www.feuerwehr-marchtrenk.at/homepage/scripts/detail.php?ereignis_pk-2
>
> Raimo Toivio, Finland
> OH-XRT

<DIV>Raimo-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Can you provide an address and / or phone number for the Hospital Jos is
in?&nbsp;
We would like to send at least a card and maybe phone him.&nbsp; Do you
have any idea how long he will be hospitalized?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks - Jim, A-283, Punta Gorda, FL</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px
solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR>From: "Raimo Toivio"
&lt;raimo.toivio@rwm.fi&gt; <BR><BR>&gt; --&gt; Europa-List message posted
by: "Raimo Toivio" <RAIMO.TOIVIO@RWM.FI><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; All <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
I sadly report Europa accident in Austria which happened last Friday 22. August.
<BR>&gt; It was Jos Okhuissen with his Europa OH-XJO. Jos is in the hospital
Wells city. <BR>&gt; I spoke with him today and this is what he told: <BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt; Soon after take off from the Wells airport he adjusted his new prop
for cruise <BR>&gt; settings. <BR>&gt; Suddenly it feathered or even reversed.
<BR>&gt; He made immediately forced landing, managed to avoid power lines
but hit one <BR>&gt; tree. <BR>&gt; He was able to escape from the wreck just
before it catched fire. <BR>&gt; He suffers serious injuries but will survive.
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Jos stated strongly there is not
 hing f
 opa-Li