RE: Europa-List: Europa Accident in Austria

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Accident in Austria
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:14:21

Poor Jos,

My heart goes out to you.
All that work and very little time for a payoff. I hope you have a speedy
recovery.
My best wishes to you in the hospital and when you get back.

Greg Fuchs

On Behalf Of Raimo Toivio

All

I sadly report Europa accident in Austria which happened last Friday 22.
August.
It was Jos Okhuissen with his Europa OH-XJO. Jos is in the hospital Wells
city.
I spoke with him today and this is what he told:

Soon after take off from the Wells airport he adjusted his new prop for
cruise settings.
Suddenly it feathered or even reversed.
He made immediately forced landing, managed to avoid power lines but hit one
tree.
He was able to escape from the wreck just before it catched fire.
He suffers serious injuries but will survive.

Jos stated strongly there is nothing from with Europa and its design - it
is a wonderful plane to fly.
I promised my P2 seat will be always reserved for Jos if he ever likes to
come and fly in future.
I think there are hundreds of free P2 seats around the world for Jos.
Lets all give him warm thoughts.

He is the braviest Man I know.

http://www.feuerwehr-marchtrenk.at/homepage/scripts/detail.php?ereignis_pk=9
52