Re: Europa-List: No Slipper Clutch?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: No Slipper Clutch?
From: europaman <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 04:20:01

All,
The reason I asked is this. I felt I needed it to protect my engine in the event
of a prop strike, God forbid. So in talking to Lockwood they quoted me a price,
told me how to get it off etc, never mentioning any downside to it, even though
I said I could not fit the HD starter. A few days later, speaking to the
same guy, to get the shipping address, he said if I did not put the HD starter
on too, starting would be very difficult and advised against it. This is
impossible
with the classic FWF. This was after I already had the gearbox off and
boxed up to ship. I am seeking advise from the folks that know, you guys. I
prefer
the classic cowling for many reasons, mainly the money and time invested,
it's painted, and I want to fly!!!! I may go ahead and send it in a few days
depending on what I learn. Thanks for the helping hands, or wings, to get me
into the air.
Troy Maynor

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org