RE: Europa-List: No Slipper Clutch?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: No Slipper Clutch?
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:46:50
Hi,
Not yet running 912S. The only way to use the old engine mount is to
exchange the heavy duty starter for the normal one. Fact is even with
that there are only a few millimetres tolerance left before even the
normal starter would contact the engine mount frame.
The problem is the very high prop momentum with the standard 3 blade
prop which the starter needs to initially overcome, on top of higher
compression of the 912S. With this in mind I am mounting a 2 blade
Woodcomp 3000 Scimitar which is much lighter. It weights only 8kg
complete with spinner compared to 12kg for the 3 blade or even more with
the Airmaster which will require you to move the battery to the back,
with all associated extra weight penalties...
I will see how this all works out  but I am confident this is a great
combination.
Christoph Both
#223 Conversion TRI gear
Wolfville, Nova Scotia