RE: Europa-List: No Slipper Clutch?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: No Slipper Clutch?
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:38:31

Hi Troy,

We bought our 912S not long after they became available, and although we
wanted the slipper clutch we were told none was available for the 912S.
We had terrible starting problems for years, with the engine going into
sub-idle harmonic running that literally shook things off the engine.
We bought the heavy duty starter, which made little improvement.  We
then heard the factory was only selling the 912S with slipper clutches
now, so we upgraded our gearbox with one.  That cured our starting
problems, we are not sure why, but it made a dramatic difference.

I know this is actually the opposite of your question, but I thought it
worth mentioning.

Regards,
Terry Seaver
A135/N135TD