Re: Europa-List: Carriage of Petrol

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carriage of Petrol
From: RoddyEuropa@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 02:06:04
It is a ridiculous rule - I just fill the containers on the far side of the
pumps, furthest from the payment kiosk.
Also, at my local petrol station there is a sign saying only 10 litre metal
containers with a screw top are acceptable, illustrated with a picture of a
standard 20 litre jerry can, which of course doesn't have a screw top!  I think

the only metal fuel cans with a screw top are the 1920's 'shell  petroleum'
type ones you see in museums, which is probably where the thinking  behind this

absurdity belongs.
Roddy Kesterton