Re: Europa-List: Carriage of Petrol

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carriage of Petrol
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 21:47:27
Thanks Frank,
I did some research today and found the document from the H&SE that you
referred to and I certainly got the feeling that the rules are out of
date.
Not only that but the Trading Standards in Hampshire and West Susex (my
local counties) run by different rules despite the guidance given to
them by the same document, that which you have quoted from.
According to the legislation anyone selling containers larger than 10
litres is committing an offence. Surprising how many large companies in
the UK are selling 20 litre plastic and metal fuel containers!
I will advise the forum on my feedback (if any ) from AOPA, Trading
Standards and the Health and Safety Executive.
Regards
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH
PS I have received one suggestion (from a Tesco employee) that I should
trailer my plane to their forecourt, take it out of the trailer to fill
it up and then put it back in the trailer. Could cause an interesting
traffic jam.