Re: Europa-List: Re: Spins

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Spins
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:26:53
I have had the privilege of doing "unusual attitude recovery" training when
I lived in San Jose, CA in a Citabria with Amelia Reid. After 10 or so
different  spins I was getting cocky. So she told me that she would enter the
next

spin and  for me to watch her recovery method. After three turns she fully
released all  controls and the plane slowed out of the spin and simply remained
in
a shallow  descent waiting for me to fly her home. So don't always think that
you are the  one recovering the plane, it may be the plane recovering you.

So to those that have done spins in their Europas......what is it like? how
does it handle? any areas to stay away from?
The advice of keeping CG 1" closer to center from forward and rear when
fully loaded are the things that I look for.

Mike Duane  A207A
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru  3300A