Europa-List: W26 lift pin blocks

Subject: Europa-List: W26 lift pin blocks
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 14:36:08

I am trying to get the wing incidence set, and have struck a problem. The
w26 block is holding the port wing about 6mm too far out to allow
insertion of the main spar pins. I considered trimming the block to fit, but
given the amount of material required I am thinking that opening
the hole in the fuselage enough to allow the W26 block to pass through from
the inside. So it will be "through" the side, instead of "ON" the outside.
this will still allow me to fit the bolts etc and redux it all in place and
not give up any of the support length.

Has anyone struck this, if so how did you resolve it. The spar pins fit
nicely with the wings at the same incidence, but the port wing is
about 8mm closer to side of the fuselage than the starboard wing. I still
have about 4mm of clearance on the port wing.

thanks

craig