RE: Europa-List: Tri gear front bulkhead

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tri gear front bulkhead
From: Rick Stockton <aireupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:48:16
If I read this correctly I do need need the bulkhead.  Does the stainless steel
plating around the nose mount stop the air from going down the tunnel area?
I would think that the air is not stopped.  I'm wondering if there will be
smells
---From the engine coming through the tunnel.

Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net> wrote:        v\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}                Hi Phillip,
  I have followed up your enquiry re the bulkhead on Tri Gear Europas with Roger
Bull at the factory.  It would seem there has been a bit of lack of joined up
action.

  You are quite right to notice the issue of the instruction in the Europa
Aircraft
News.  At the time it was issued as a structural requirement for Tri Gears
only.  Subsequent analysis by Barry Mellors at the then PFA now LAA has shown
that this bulkhead is not necessary.  This is why it never appeared in the
manual.
Unfortunately the factory failed to issue any notice to this effect and
hence your query.

  I hope this helps

  Pete Jeffers (Europa Club Inspector)