Re: Europa-List: Dynon Temp Probe Location?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon Temp Probe Location?
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:54:46
Mike,
 If you are using the Jab airbox mounted to the firewall, hook it to an
Adel clamp just inside the airbox prior to the filter.  If the cable
isn't long enough, make a cannon plug to go through the firewall, or
make a jumper.  I hook all my electrics through the firewall via cannon
plugs.  An engine removal or other maintenance is made very simple.  If
crimping is a problem for you, buy the right tool and learn to do it
right and you will be thankful.  I have a used airplane at the shop I am
rebuilding and it is a pain to run wires direct from the engine to the
panel.  You can't remove either the engine or the panel easily for
repairs or mods.  Typically, my panels come out in less time than it
takes to take off the engine cowl.  Engines take about two hours.
Cannon plugs make that happen.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight