RE: Europa-List: Wheels up Warner

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Wheels up Warner
From: Bryan Allsop <bryanallsop@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 16:33:58
Hi Carl. Long time no see.

The trim set up determines the airspeed. The trim motor arm extends with a
tiny magnet fixed to it which operates the proximity switch. Finding the co
rrect combination of switch and magnet to give a precise reliable switch wa
s a significant part of the development, which took nearly a year.

Cheers.  Bryan

From: carl@flyers.freeserve.co.ukTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: Re:
Europa-List: Wheels up WarnerDate: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:51:01 +0100

Sounds like a great idea Bryan.

I had always wanted to fit something similar but just havent had the time t
o think it through - or get round to doing it.

I guess when it happens to you then it focuses the mind.

I would be interested in the details.

BTW how does the system recognise the aircraft is below 65 knots - ie: wher
e is the input taken from?

Carl

G-LABS