Europa-List: AOA probe design

Subject: Europa-List: AOA probe design
From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:42:58

Folks,

I am looking for a sensible AOA probe to feed my Dynon D100. The
Dynon probe is ghastly - very big and heavy so I won't use that.

I can't see what's wrong with a small, light weight probe based on
the same principle, ie an angled face with a hole in it. Has anyone
else designed their own and if so how well did it work?

Anyone know of a good off the shelf probe suitable for the Dynon?

Many thanks

Willie Harrison
G-BZNY - a plane about to be reborn after an 700 hour rebuild....