Re: Europa-List: 912 rubber components.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912 rubber components.
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:39:23

PVC needs a plasticizer to be flexible (afaik) Gasolene tends to leach
out the plasticiser causing embrittlement. (My guess) PU does not, the
polymer can be modified to many elasticity values. Also there are
polyether Urethanes and polyester ones. The latter are better quality
and less susceptible to hydrolysis.
Graham