Europa-List: Door shoot bolt pushrod fabrication

Subject: Europa-List: Door shoot bolt pushrod fabrication
From: clevelee@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:50:31
Those who have gone before,

Currently attempting to fabricate the forward shoot bolt push rods (10mm Al
rod with slots, flats and cross drilled holes).  Pride is keeping me from
taking it to a machine shop and having done quickly and 'properly'.

I am curious as to how others have cut the slots. Hack saw is too narrow
with insufficient control.  Belt sander inside the hack saw slit is proving
much to slow in material removal.  Thinking about rotary abrasive wheel...
Any creative suggestions for making the slot other than a vertical mill?

Thanks in advance!

Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS  Jabiru 3300
Currently in Market Harborough UK