Re: Europa-List: Re: High temperature fiberglass

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: High temperature fiberglass
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:38:19

Hello All,
I too have been contemplating making these plenums as I'm still
struggling with keeping the back cylinder temps down. Today with some
engine static test I had the back # 3 cylinder temp at 260 to 265 F.
Not a problem at the current 60 F outside but I know the hot Florida
temps at Sun-N-Fun could again push the limit for me. Last year during
climb out there, and during our Tennessee heat wave they were a
problem. Lower climbs we're necessary. After many attempts trying every
suggestion talked about on this forum and elsewhere. My back CHT's are
still too high and when it's cold they are too un even from the fronts
as well.
My friend Steve Wright of the Stagger EZ fame told me that a plenum
would be the only way to get the heads running at an even and at cooler
temperatures. He made his with the RTV mentioned below. Unless I have
any other suggestions it looks like the plenum may be the way to go.
Can these be bought or is there anyone out there that has discarded
there's. If not I'll be making some as well.
Your thought are very welcome here.

Regards,
Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 105 hours and climbing slowly.