RE: Europa-List: RE: RUDDER CABLES

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: RUDDER CABLES
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:40:39

Hi! Fred
Yes, I used turnbuckles but get the ones with a spring locking device, I
also have retrospectively glued some felt on the floor in the region of
their operation, saves a horrible bang in the very rare event of contact
with the floor, all minor direction changes I've run them through
appropriate diameter plastic "spirol cable wrap" which if you should
ever need to remove them you just uncurl the wrap.(usually positioned
alongside a small block of wood fixed by a blob of Redux to the floor.
In the rare event (trike) of any water or whatever contamination the
spirol wrap is forgiving rather than cause a seize up.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG