Re: Europa-List: 2 1/4 inch ASI and Alt

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 2 1/4 inch ASI and Alt
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:07:27
Willie-

I used 2 1/4 UMA directly from Aircraft Spruce.  I have tach, ASI, and fuel
gauges.
The Garmin 396 is backup for altitude and ASI.  If you have a GPS, it may
back up several of your EFIS functions, obviating the need for steam gauges.
The 396 has battery backup so is an excellent backup.  Can't say how it will
all work yet because it is still under construction.

Jim Puglise A-296.

From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>

> Hi folks
>
> What experience does anyone have of 2 1/4 inch ASI and Altimeters
> suitable for EFIS backup?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Willie Harrison
>
> G-BZNY

<DIV>Willie-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I used 2 1/4 UMA directly from Aircraft Spruce.&nbsp; I have tach, ASI, and
fuel gauges.&nbsp; The Garmin 396 is backup for altitude and ASI.&nbsp; If you
have a GPS, it may back up several of your EFIS functions, obviating the need
for steam gauges.&nbsp; The 396 has battery backup so is an excellent
backup.&nbsp;
Can't say how it will all work yet because it is still under construction.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Puglise A-296.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 ?Europ