RE: Europa-List: Re: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Grand Rapids EIS 2004 (Rotax)
From: rick <rick@amimotormanagement.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:04:26

Happy New Year Europaphiles.

I have used the EIS for 4 years also and have nothing but praise for the
unit although I have found the manual somewhat of a challenge.

I found the GRT EIS method of fault warning invaluable when I had a baffle
move in the exhaust silencer partially blocking the gas exit. The EIS
flashed a warning when this happened and we were able to diagnose a weak
mixture on full power causing a sudden rise in EGT.  I would use as many
fault indicators as I could in future as it's so easy for the EIS to monitor
them and reliably tell you of faults as soon as they occur. EGT of course
being one of the most immediate indicators of problem.

Rick Morris

G-RIKS 912S Tri