Europa-List: Bleeding Jamar finger brakes

Subject: Europa-List: Bleeding Jamar finger brakes
From: rob@Neils.US
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:53:35
My reservoir is not pressurized. I bleed the brakes as Craig describes
but I can't get any pressure on the second stroke unless the Jamar brakes
are verticle instead or horizontal. I can get all the air out of
the system by working the cylinders only when verticle then pumping fluid
up from the brake nipple to where the brake line loosely connects to the
clylinders until I get no bubbles the I tighten the cylinder/line
connection.  Doing this makes the brakes work well...for quite a while
but when I have to bleed the system again I have to dismount the
cylinders and loosen the cylinder/line connection allowing bubbles and
brake fluid to seep out until I tighten the connection.  It's a real pain
to go through all this to simply bleed the brakes...and it makes a mess.
There's gotta be something wrong with the system that I haven't yet been
able to figure out.  Maybe a leak?  Maybe a piston part in backwards?
Maybe poor machining on the cylinders allowing leak-by on the return
stroke?