Europa-List: Fitting Rotax ring mount for 912uls

Subject: Europa-List: Fitting Rotax ring mount for 912uls
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 20:57:35
Bud and Richard and David,
Many thanks for your responses.

Unfortunately I don't have a Rotax agent nearby; I would have been very
happy to have them fit the mount!

Bud, the bent nozzles from the water pump housing seem to already have a
bend of around 40 degrees, certainly not 80 degrees - 2 photos attached
with the standard Europa XS exhaust system temporarily fitted. The hose
---From the lower nozzle is disconnected. The clearance between the end of
the lower bent nozzle and top of the silencer is 15 mm - is that
sufficient? To increase the clearance a bit it seems I would have to
rotate the bent nozzle upwards a bit.

I just wanted to clarify what you mean by an 80 degree bent nozzle - I
presume you mean bent to nearly a right angle. If so, my engine doesn't
have those. Maybe they have chenged them on recent engines? My engine
serial no is 5647439.  So I presume, if I have not misunderstood you,
that I don't need to change the nozzle? Is that correct?

Many thanks for your help - I really appreciate your response and
advice.

Kind regards,
Keith Hickling,
New Zealand.