Re: Europa-List: Flying report

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying report
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:19:30

Jos
one thing you need to check, when the airplane is cold soaked, the resin
will be brittle. I don't know what the limits on Ampreg are.
In the early days of flying glass gliders to hi altitude in winter,
(wave) several gliders were damaged ( had to be written off) when they
flew into rough air with the airframe cold.
regards
Graham

josok wrote:

> Hi All,
> Graham:Yes, i have been dreaming about landing on the lake for years. The
> runway
actually is only 8 km long, and 4 km wide. It's not difficult to select into
wind.
> At the same time i should mention that it is not all roses either :-)
> There are large objects like islands, smaller like fishing net markers, power
cables, and not to forget, rotors and wind shear between the hills.  Outside
the airport the pilot is really on his own.
> Bob, Skies on the tri-gear should not be too difficult. Close to impossible on
the mono, like any other retractable. No clamp, no play (so far)
> Airbear, I pick up heat behind the water radiator, in the place where normally
the oil cooler would be. It' s under dimensioned now, and will be improved
during
the winter. My workshop is insulated and heated, no problems with -40 C
outside, other then extremely low humidity, which has caused problems.
> Graham, off topic, it's just a heat pump, like you all have in fridges and
> aircos.
Very efficient, 75% of the heating energy is taken from the lake.

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187
Mob: +447739582005