Re: Europa-List: Secondary Fuel Pump, correct or not

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Secondary Fuel Pump, correct or not
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:06:44

Hi Kingsley

"At the risk of sounding pedantic, what is the significance of your
reference to the "right hand pattern" ?"

I was trying to make a point that all can be well till a certain scenario
is met (raise Gasculator in relation to fuel level).

My Gasculators are behind the baggage bay bulkheads. Lower the nose with
flaps down as you would when landing and that would raise the Gasculators
in relation to fuel level. I mentioned right hand pattern, it is true if
you are in a bank coordinated Gs will be vertical, when getting into bank
if you didn't apply enough rudder and slipped a bit fuel would slosh a bit
lower than Gasculators. I remember early on in my flying that I had a
tendency to not boot enough rudder when flying a right pattern (and could
in fact uncover right tank pick up).

Ron P.