Europa-List: Secondary Fuel Pump, correct or not

Subject: Europa-List: Secondary Fuel Pump, correct or not
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:55:23
"On my system if I pushed up on one of the beautiful Stainless Steel
Andair
bowl drains, just the tiniest bit, either pump #1, or #2 or both #1+#2
would far rather suck air than fuel"

Ron,
 I have to disagree with that.  If your fuel pumps are installed below
the bagage bay as instructed by Europa, they will always be below the
fuel level, unless your tank is almost empty. Therefore, unless there is
an obstruction at the tank output coarse filter, the pressure inside the
gascolator, upstream of the filter, will always be higher than the
ambiant pressure. So if your fuel drain leaks, it will not suck air but
will leak fuel to the outside.
Regards
Remi