Europa-List: Secondary Fuel Pump, correct or not

Subject: Europa-List: Secondary Fuel Pump, correct or not
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:14:54

  Just a thought, but are we all doing our backup fuel pumps incorrectly????
  Someone mentioned to me the other day, what if, the main pump fails in
such a
  way as to totally block the system. Would the backup pump be able to push
the fuel
  past the blockage? I guess probably not. Should we not be paralleling the
main pump, with
  a non return valve after each pump, so pressure is not lost back through
the other pump.
  I realise the convention is to series the pumps, to "lift" the fuel to the
main pump, but
  is the convention correct, or is this giving us all a false sense of
security.

  Just a thought.

  craig

11:59 AM