Europa-List: Re: Prop Tach Sender

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Prop Tach Sender
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 04:41:52

Hi All,

We ran into this and talked to Martin at Airmaster.  It turns out that the
Honeywell
sensor Airmaster uses works with either magnetic polarity, so the magnet
you receive from them could be oriented north or south.  Paul - check first
because
the one you have may work in your application.

Even with the correctly oriented Westach sensor, sometimes the BMA tach worked
fine up to red line readings, other times it stopped working around 4000 RPM.
We tried various mounting configurations, but were never able to make it work
in our plane.  However, we never put a scope on it to see what the signal looked
like.  We also tried the same Honeywell sensor Airmaster uses and couldn't
get that to work with the BMA EFIS.

Jim & Heather Butcher

Read this topic online here: