RE: Europa-List: Re: Prop Tach Sender

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Prop Tach Sender
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:05:19

Hi Mark,

The Katana airplanes and motor gliders which use the 912 or 914 have a
tach which shows prop speed, not engine speed.  It provides numbers more
familiar to pilots of other planes powered by direct drive engines.
When I checked out in the 912 powered DA-20 I found the prop-speed tach
readings were easily understood because they were similar to the tach
numbers of the Lycoming and Continental powered planes I had flown
before.  When we started flying our Europa with an engine-speed tach it
took longer to get accustomed to the numbers seen, and what they meant.

Regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD