Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 run on

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 run on
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 16:54:48

David,
I just went through this last summer and as Paul said it's probably at
the mags. The wire coming out of them is very cheep and needs a pig
tail of quality tefzel (Not sure of that spelling) wire. We then
soldered the ground wires direct to the pigtails and the problem has
never come back. Make sure you tie wrap the pigtails and put some
shrink tubing at the solder joint. Vibration is your enemy right at the
mag. A partially broken wire gave me fits until this list told me to
look there.
Regards,
Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 96 hours and climbing slowly.