RE: Europa-List: Rotax 912 run on

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 912 run on
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 13:03:17

Hi,

We used the typical mag switch from Aircraft Spruce, and now with 500
hours on it, we have had the occasion when it will not shut off the
engine.  It seems to be dirty contacts in the switch, which is supposed
to short both mag wires to ground.  Moving the switch to on, then back
to off eventually cures the problem.

Regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD