Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 run on

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 run on
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 13:39:13

David,

Most likely, one (or both) mags are not being properly shorted to ground when
switched
off.  Do you get a proper mag check?  That is, do you get a RPM drop when
you check Mag A and Mag B individually on your run up mag checks?  If you
do not, then one of the mags has a bad ground wire.  If you do get a proper RPM
drop on both Mags, then your switch does not properly ground one or both mags
when switched off.  Check the switch connections in the off position to make
sure both mag wires have continuity to ground.

Let us know what you find.

Great flying,
Bob Borger

On Wednesday, December 05, 2007, at 03:12PM, "David Joyce"
<stranfaer@btinternet.com>