Re: Europa-List: Fwd: turbo problem?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd: turbo problem?
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:58:07
You can check the turbo blade rotation by carefully inserting a 12 point socket
wrench into the turbo after spraying the bearing with Mouse Milk or similar
lubricant.
I think the size wrench is 10mm but not positive.  That solved my problem.
Gentle is the word and if all else fails you can send the turbo to Lockwood.
Ken Carpenter

From: "rparigoris" <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>

> Hi Herve
>
> A few thoughts from a not yet flyin 914 owner:
> Are both of your carbs opening full?
> Are you getting 2 to 5PSI over airbox pressure?
> How many hours you have on motor? Do you run a lot of 100LL? If you run 100LL
do
> you run Alcor or TCP? Did you run differential compression test, how was it?

> What type of prop you have, is it CS or pilot adjustable?
> You absolute certain wastegate is free and easy to move and is closing all the

> way?
> Do you have a intercooler? What is ambient temperature where you are having
> problem and at what altitude?
> What does trying one mag then the other show?
> Did you try shutting off TCU and use throttle to adjust turbo for a quick
> test?

> Ron P.
>

> Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

<DIV>You can check the turbo blade rotation by carefully inserting a 12 point
socket
wrench into the turbo after spraying the bearing with Mouse Milk or similar
lubricant.&nbsp; I think the size wrench is 10mm but not positive.&nbsp; That
solved my problem.&nbsp; Gentle is the word and if all else fails you can
send the turbo to Lockwood.</DIV>
<DIV>Ken Carpenter</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px
solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR>From: "rparigoris"
&lt;rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us&gt; <BR><BR>&gt; --&gt; Europa-List message
posted
by: "rparigoris" <RPARIGOR@SUFFOLK.LIB.NY.US><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Hi Herve <BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt; A few thoughts from a not yet flyin 914 owner: <BR>&gt; Are both
of your carbs opening full? <BR>&gt; Are you getting 2 to 5PSI over airbox
pressure? <BR>&gt; How many hours you have on motor? Do you run a lot of 100LL?
If you run 100LL do <BR>&gt; you run Alcor or TCP? Did you run differential
compression test, how was it? <BR>&gt; What type of prop you have, is it CS or
pilot adjustable? <BR>&gt; You absolute certain wastegate is free and easy to
move and is closing all the <BR>&gt; way? <BR>&gt; Do you have a intercooler?
What is ambient temperature where you are having <BR>&gt; problem and at what
altitude? <BR>&gt; What does trying one mag then th
 e othe
  Email