Re: Europa-List: Re : Tire question - cannot fly before informat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re : Tire question - cannot fly before informat
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 10:59:44

> Time to change for a real airplane tire! (of the right size)

Jos,

Europa supplied me with a CARLISLE 800 x 6 x 4 ply (Golf Buggy tyre)

On advice from others who have used both, I purchased a CONDOR 700 x 6 x 8
ply.Aircraft tyre (Fits Piper Aztec)

With both inflated to the same pressure on the same wheel they measure

Europa CARLISLE    Diameter 440 mm  Width 185 mm    (rubs on brake calliper)
Aircraft CONDOR     Diameter 457 mm  Width 165 mm    (comfortably clears
brake calliper by 10mm)

My question is, WHAT IS THE RIGHT SIZE ?  How can a 7.00" tyre be bigger in
diameter than an 8.00" one?  and No, I haven't made any mistakes with the
figures above.

Regards
Kingsley in Oz