Re: Europa-List: Dive to Vne

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dive to Vne
From: karelvranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:12:14

William and all,
Vne has not directly a relation with pulling g's. You never make high speed
in rough air. To catch up speed you have to dive. This doesn't mean
vertical. You do it smoothly while observing your RPM and intake manifold
pressure. Don't overboost your engine. The Europa is as fast as you want
since the big problem was solved with the tie bar. The big problem was the
displacement of the lift point forwards with higher speeds and caused the
wings to tend forwards and bend the spars. When I purchased the Europa in
1999 the tie bar was standard and I was happy with this solution. During the
test period a friend of mine was filming my passages over the airfield of
Sedan in France. In one of the low passes I observed an IAS of 180 knots
without any difference of those below Vne. My conclusion is: don't be afraid
of Vne, accept it.
Best regards,
Karel Vranken