Re: Europa-List: The Factory Fuel Sight Gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: The Factory Fuel Sight Gauge
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:52:36

The solution for us would seem to be in somehow re routing the pressure
equalising tube to eliminate any U bends. At present there would seem to be
no means of pressure equalisation within the tank itself. The sight tube and
its return line would have little effect on this.

You seem to have cured your problem by re routing the return line of the
sight tube but not sure if this would work for us as we dont have the sight
tube against the seat back (as with yours).

What is most puzzling is that this is a relatively recent occurrence, having
had 5 relatively trouble free years of flying with the present arrangement.

It is just possible that the extension tube which is fitted within the fuel
tank (mod ???) to ensure the pressure equalisation tube is at the top of the
tank has fallen off but it is relatively easy to check this.