Europa-List: ICRA rant off topic

Subject: Europa-List: ICRA rant off topic
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:17:18

I realise this is off the topic - if not applicable to aviators and
builders.
Somehow, I have inherited an asinine program from ICRA. This outfit is based
in UK - so you British-based readers are personally responsible.........
        It is my bounden duty to research and digest the causes of aircraft
accidents. These provide the answer (usually) for one of two alternatives:
(a) "there, but for the Grace of God, go I" - that is, I might have done the
same - oh-oh
(b) "that's not me" - the man was a fool, I wouldn't have done that (right
or wrong)
        One of my sources (and an excellent one at that) is the UK Aircraft
Accident Investigation Board - a long-standing and valuable preventive
source.
        When I seek out the bulletins,
aaib.dft.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/May_2007.cfm, for instance, I am then
presented with a choice of particular events, or a compendium of preliminary
remarks prior to formal investigation, when I opt for a specific report,
this stupid ICRA program cuts me out - perhaps it's bad for my id.
          Id idn't.
Ferg