RE: Europa-List: Mandatory Permit Directives....multitude of paperwork..

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mandatory Permit Directives....multitude of paperwork.....?
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:49:35
Hi! Peter,
Thanks for the reply to my question.
Basically you have related the situation I had understood but
unwittingly skirted my real concern.
Let me put it another way:-
My question concerns the matter of recording in the airframe book ,
Since my aircraft has been grounded since May 28th 2006 due to the nose
wheel departure accident (which incidentally I have seen no
recommendation concerning the friction shimmy adjustment /checks since?)
it has now been re-engined and fitted with a new prop. all of which has
effectively actioned all the accident repairs that were necessary.
At the end of this re-build process all three mods .72,73, 74 have been
signed off as satisfactorily completed ..to the question..is it
necessary to write up details of the MPD's since the aforementioned mod
approvals would therefore be in the vexed book IN FRONT OF THE MPD's ?
I understand the 10 hour inspection requirements but it seems somewhat
"cart and horse" to now write up the MPD's ?

Further :-

Obviously it seems to me somewhat wasteful of PFA inspectors time and
our expense to continue with the 10hour inspections especially with my
torque tube clamp mod having been fitted too?
I respect that the purpose of the inspections was in the interests of
our safety but surely there now comes circumstance and time to waive the
necessity for continuance albeit with some specific requirements of P1
pre-flight inspections/walk round.

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG

Robt.C.Harrison