Europa-List: Europa windscreen

Subject: Europa-List: Europa windscreen
From: Mike Gamble <mp.gamble@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:35:01
Thanks Fred, I'm presently in contact with Europa (UK) to see if they
can help but it may well be necessary to order from LP Aero as screens
are no longer made in UK. I believe the US screens are only produced
with smokey grey tint or no tint at all which is a bind as I have
already fitted the brown tint version in the doors. By the way I have
tried 2 screens so far and both have the same horizontal faults in the
perspex which distort the view when the screen is angled in its proper
position in its frame. (The view is fine when viewed at right angles to
the surface).
It is interesting and a little surprising that nobody else reports
anything other that minor areas of distortion with their screens; maybe
my 2 came from the same bad batch.

Mike
  . If you decide on a replacement, you might consider a new material
which LPA is offering as an upgrade which I believe has improved UV
screening; LPA was talking it up at their booth at Sun N Fun.

  Fred
  A194